Now Hiring! Open Position - Animal Educator.
- Giving presentations for Private Tours, Birthday Parties, and Field Trips.
- Doing Traveling Zoo 2 you presentations at Homes, Schools, Daycare Centers, and other venues.
- Working Open to the Public Hours Friday, Saturday & Sunday at The Reptarium.
- Become knowledgeable about our many Animal Ambassadors to be able to provide information to our patrons.
- Work along with our Zoo Keepers helping with Animal maintenance as needed
- Must have an outgoing personality and be able to give our patrons an excellent experience.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds in order to move some of our larger animals.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in zoology or a closely related discipline and two years of experience in the care and management of captive wildlife.
- OR: An Associate's Degree in a related discipline and four years of experience in the care of captive wildlife.
- Self-starter with an attention for detail
- No fear of snakes or lizards
- Prior experience working with reptiles
- A desire to be a leader
- Prior management or leadership experience is a plus
- Able to stand for long periods at a time
- Self-starter and can work independently